Saturday, August 15, 2009

EURO TRASH

Josh and I tagged along with my parents and little sis, SJ, to explore a little of Eastern Europe this summer...here is a taste of what we encountered on our travels.
We were mainly in parts of the former Yugoslavia, so we toughened up for the Commi's.
The Adriatic






The Croatians were beautiful,




as were the accordion players.
We indulged...

...just a little.
Josh communicating with the locals

Kathy and Josh bonding over dessert!

Rowing on Lake Bled in Slovenia.


Legend has it that if the groom gets his bride all the way to the top of these stairs the marriage will last...4 out of 5 make it. Josh and I are in it for the long haul!
A visit to the capital of Slovenia
Sarah and I had to do a little shopping.


quaintness in Austria

Europe's most abundant art form





Smokes on tap in Germany



Heading back to the grand ol' U.S. of A.

8 comments:

Annie said...

i want to go to there

Josie said...

Great pics Kate! Looks like quite the trip! I'm glad Josh made it to the top of the stairs!

Zach and Erika said...

jealous...so jealous!

Rachel said...

great pics, looks like you guys had a great time!

Alyson said...

How fun! I love these pics Kate!

Megan said...

How fun!! ... we wondered what you guys have been up to

mikkilynn said...

Man, I've got to get me one of those Croatians! I'm so glad I could vacation there through your pictures...looks like I had a great time. ;)

Candi said...

WOW! So fun. I can only hope Joe and I will make it there one day! Hope you don't mind the blog stocking!!!